These seven tips will help you sell your home faster and for more money.
Here are seven tips to help you prepare your home for sale this summer:
1. Make a great first impression. Your home needs to have good curb appeal, so make sure the landscaping is nice and clean, and take care of minor details like cleaning out the gutters and getting the bugs out of light fixtures.
2. Make it clean and spotless. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Make sure your walls, countertops, baseboards, and even the electrical outlets are clean so that when the buyer comes through, they’ll know they’re buying a clean home.
3. Remember that kitchens and bathrooms sell homes. Declutter your kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. A key point of advice: Be sure to clean your stove and the hood vents above it.
4. Remove personal photos and items. This also includes politically charged belongings.
5. Install/check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Remember: You’re required to have a smoke alarm in each bedroom and outside each sleeping area, as well as a carbon monoxide detector.
6. Have great photos and videos, and offer 3D home tours. As we navigate through this pandemic, having great online photos and videos is more important than ever since they’ll allow potential buyers to see your home without ever leaving theirs.
7. Price it right! To get the most exposure and showings, your home has to be priced correctly. If you price it 10% to 15% over the market, you’ll only get 10% to 30% of the prospective buyers. However, if you price it at or slightly below market value, you’ll have much more buyer activity, possibly including multiple offers.
If you have any questions about the market or the value of your home, feel free to give us a call. I’d love to hear from you.