Tom Daves is one of the top real estate agencies in the country with a team of successful realtors. Tom is a highly sought-after real estate agent in Rocklin, with over 35 years of experience.
Tips for choosing the right real estate agent
Buying or selling a home is both an intimidating and exciting process. It is important to work with an agent with plenty of experience to ensure that you buy or sell a property at the best value. Here are some tips on how to choose the right real estate agent:
- Make sure to choose someone honest, real, and relatable. You must be able to develop a good rapport with this agent as he is going to do all the talking and negotiating for you to the seller's agent.
- Be sure to interview at least 3-4 candidates before hiring a real estate agent. Question them on their knowledge about the neighborhood, test them on their negotiation skills, their connections. Also, check if whether they have a team of appraisers, home inspectors, etc.
- Although online reviews are a credible source that you can rely on to find the best agent, talk to your neighbors, colleagues, and friends to get referrals. An agent's past clients can give you more reliable first-hand information about his skills and expertise than online reviews, which may or may not be trustworthy.
Furthermore, you want a real estate agent with the best people skills. Tom is a top-rated real estate agent in Rocklin, that understands the buyer's requirements precisely and helps find the best home without going overboard on the budget.
How far in advance should you start looking for a house?
On average, the whole process of buying a home can take anywhere from 3-4 months. Most homeowners purchase a mortgage loan to buy a house. Getting pre-approved by a lender is the first step that homeowners pursue even before shopping for houses; this can take anywhere from 3-4 days from start to finish.
Furthermore, homebuyers, in general, spend 30-60 days shopping for houses, after which it can take up to 45 days from contract to close. While some home buyers buy a home in less than a month, for some the home shopping alone can take several months.
Steps involved in buying a house
Home buying is a complicated and stressful process, regardless of whether or not you are a first-time buyer. Knowing what to expect can prepare you for a much smooth and anxiety-free home buying process. Steps involved in the home-buying process include:
- Checking credit report and score
- Getting pre-approved for a mortgage to determine affordability
- Hiring a real estate agent
- Shopping for houses
- Making an offer
- Conducting home inspection
- Buying insurance and intimating the utility companies
- Signing the papers for closing and getting the keys to move in
Get in touch with Tom Daves to buy or sell your home. Tom is the most affordable real estate agent in Rocklin, with a highly talented team that can guide you through the complex real estate transactions.Real estate agent in Rocklin